Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Where Have I been?

I know, I have not really been keeping up on posting like I said, which I hope to fix here, but I have been super busy. Actually, I have been making alot of art and then going on vacation, so I just havn't had the time to put stuff up. I was crazy busy preparing for two art shows that I had in my local area. One was in a local trinket shop my mom works at and the paintings I did were a little different than what I normally do. A little more abstract I guess you could say. I actually sold one of them too! My first sold painting ever! Here are the 3 pieces I made for that:



They are actually really big in real life, and I used a TON of modeling paste to create texture. So you can't really get a full feel of it on the computer but whatever. Also, I was doing some art for a show I have in the city center. They needed a "youth" to display art there and they remembered me from when I won the poster contest last year. I actually didn't bother to scan alot of the art before putting it up, especially the new stuff, but here is one of the pieces:


And finally, I have been doing caricatures for some of my friends. I am still not satisfied with where I am at, but looking at where I was even a couple of months ago with this, I am pretty happy with the progress I am making. Here are a few samples of those:



Like I said, I will be updating more often now that things are less crazy. The straight truth is that I really need to be sketching more, so expect to see just some sketches coming up soon.

Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment